Monday, May 3, 2010

Progress Report

I've learned a lot from doing this project as it incorporated a lot of elements I've never used before, primarily implementing dynamics.
Dynamics were, admittedly, very hard to wrap my mind around at first glance. However, after hours of experimentation, I've reached a better understanding of their concept as well as how powerful their application can be. They really gave the pin a realistic spin and feel.
I was also happy that I could bring my other skill (video editing, after effects) into play. I see myself combining multiple applications and techniques as it was an enjoyable experience.
One area that I do believe needs work is the texturing of the wood. No matter how much I played with it, I couldn't get it to look exactly how I wanted. There is also some clipping issues that need to be fixed, but I'm not sure how to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment