Monday, March 22, 2010

Progress Report

So far, the project has been going better than expected thanks to my prior knowledge and experience with Autodesk Maya. The Push Pin itself is modeled using one piece of geometry to avoid any problems when I start animating the pin itself.
However, the animation and spin when the pin bounces feels unnatural. It is moving too fast and also does not have the hang time that an object has in the air. Also, the texture on the "floor" plane is very staticky and glitchy; it needs adjustment.
Before I move onto animating the push pin, I want to fix these above issues as well as incorporate some editing techniques used in traditional film making to create a more complete and immersible animation. I'll be looking more at our original ball tutorial as well as how a human body moves around to get a sense for how the push pin should act.

No comments:

Post a Comment